Tuesday 26 April 2011

Method of Getting an Effective URL

Do you know about URL? I think, you already know about this. But remember that a few days ago; most people were not concerned about this concept. Some days ago, I asked one of my friends that I am choosing an URL for my personal website. Then he asked me what the URL was. Then I was astonished about that. But afterwards I realized that it is very common problem for the non-technical persons. So in this post, I will try to give you a good and clear idea about URL and about the method of choosing perfect URL for the website.

URL is the short form of Uniform Research Locator. The word URL cannot be familiar to all, but the persons who use internet more or less are using URL always whether he or she is informed about the meaning of it or not. URLs are the web addresses of any company or organization. URL is like a name. You also have a name. If I ask you for your name then you will tell me your short name in order to easily memorize. The same thing should be remembered to choose URL for websites.

Let’s see the importance of a good and effective URL. If you want that the people who come online and visit your website, will come again and again to your website, then you should choose a short URL. If any person faces difficulty to remember the URL names then he or she will lose the interest to visit your website again. So use an easily remembered URL if possible. Only the URL can create a difference in the case of website’s popularity. Remember also that your URL name should become easy to type and related to the contents of your website. Otherwise you will not be able to reach the main goal.

I am giving you an example. Suppose you have a company named ABC and you have used the name ABC as the URL of the company website. Sometimes, it can be tough to type the full name as an URL, but remember that it is logical and your company will be well known to the users’ day-by-day through this name.

I think you have got the main point of this post. Just try to follow the advice. But choice is yours.


1 comments:

Marcus Wellington said...

so you wouldn't have to, its just like post method, but, a user can bookmark or write down and it will display the information whereas post method its hidden ^_^
www.cheapestusedcomputer.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | belt buckles